[Bards] Wormy: A Little More Serious

Padraig Ruad O Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Thu Sep 23 06:43:16 PDT 2004

I'm praying as hard as I know how.

God guide the hands of the surgeon, give him grace beyond his skill to
heal our friend, and continue to give Wormy courage and strength to
deal with this trial.

Padraig

> I'd like to add our prayers and love to the list of people who are in
need also.
> Claryce, tell your mother I send her all my best......she is a great
lady.
> Daniel and Dain, I grieve for your loss and will keep you and your
family in my prayers.

> And now I'm afraid I have to add to the fun. Bear with me here, it's
a little complicated.

> Wormy was born prematurely, and his aortic valve was malformed.
Instead of having 3 parts to it, it only has 2, and was therefore weak
to begin with. He did not know this however, until today when the
doctor told him.  They have done multiple EKG's and at least one
Ultrasound Doppler study, which looks at blood flow.
> It seems the infection in his blood has damaged the already weakened
heart valve. He has been moved to ICU and will have heart surgery to
repair the valve. It will most likely be done in the next 24 hours.
> I went to see him and other than being scared as hell, he's doing
really well. The doctors say that since he is young and healthy (other
than that valve thing) he has a excellent chance of sucess and
recovery.
> He is supposed to have someone call me and let me know when the
surgery will be performed, and as always, when I know something, you'll
know.
> Pray, brothers and sisters.....pray real hard so we can get our
family through this difficult turn of the wheel, and get back to
howlin' , huntin' , and causing a ruckus like we should.