[Bards] Ansteorran Bardic Collegium

Kathy bardkat at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 17 20:34:58 PDT 2005

It's official, and the site is confirmed!

The second annual Ansteorran Bardic Collegium will be held in conjunction
with "Tourney by the Loch," in the Barony of Loch Soilleir, on December 3.
(Watch for a "teaser" in the October Blackstar, and details in November's
issue.)  Local crash space will be available, as well as several area
hotels.

The site is a "Community of the Servant Savior" Presbyterian Church, in
Southeast Houston.  There are 4-5 classroom spaces available, and we can
also do classes outside (weather permitting).

Anyone interested in teaching a class, please contact me at
"bardkat at sbcglobal.net."  We need teachers, ideas for classes, and lots and
lots of participants!  Classes can be anything from traditional bardcraft to
drumming techniques - and everything in between!  The focus can be
performance, research & documentation, or simply appreciation.  Some classes
will be geared towards beginners, and others will be more advanced.  What
have you always wanted to learn or teach?  Get creative!  (Even if you don't
feel comfortable teaching something, please share class suggestions.  Maybe
we can find someone who will teach it!)

Most classes will be 50 minutes long - please let me know if you need more
than one class period for your topic.

The event itself will have a "German Yule" theme, so it might be fun to
include some German bardic classes, as well.

Other activities at the event will include the Loch Rapier championship, A&S
championship, Dance championship, and Youth championship.  Plus,
during/after evening feast, you'll have a chance to show off those great
entertainment skills you've been practicing all day!

Last, but certainly not least, Alden Drake has graciously volunteered to
coordinate "Voices of the Star II," and he will be soon requesting
submissions so we can get it published in time for the event.

Thanks,
Katrina of Coventry
Premier Bard of Ansteorra

ps - Kingdom Eisteddfod will once again be held at Steppes Twelfth Night in
January.  Watch for more details about the format this fall.