[Bards] Site Fee Changes for Sundered Shield VI

Bethany Burke damsle_n_distress2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 9 17:34:10 PDT 2005

Greetings Everyone,
Please Pardon the Multiple Posts, I just want this to reach as many as possible.

Sundered Shield is less than two weeks away and because we are running so far under budget, we are passing our savings onto you.  Site Fee was $10, now it is only $8 for adults and $4 for children age 6-17 with a family cap of $24.  That is a savings of $6 for your family.

Now while I have your attention, the schedule for this event is as follows:

Friday, July 22
 4:00pm Gate and Site Open
12:00am Gate closes for the night
Saturday, July 23
 8:00am Gate Re-Opens
             Light Armor Inspection
 9:00am Light Tournament Begins
             Heavy Armor Inspection
             A&S Submissions Taken
10:00am Heavy Tournament Begins
             "Period Storytelling"  Bardic Class
              Drum Making  Children's Activity
              A&S Voting Begins
11:00am "Performing for an SCA Audience"  Bardic Class
              Drumming 101  Children's Activity
12:00pm Lunch Break From Fighting and Children's Activities
             "Documentation for Bards"  Bardic Class
 1:00pm Gate Closes
             Fighting Re-Starts
             "101 Songs for Bards"  Bardic Class
             Story Time  Children's Activity
 2:00pm Archery Shoot Begins (If the Fighting Tournaments have ended)
             "Story Telling 101"  Bardic Class
             Banner Painting  Children's Activity
 3:00pm "Improv or Improv"  Bardic Class
             Ice Cream Making  Children's Activity
 4:00pm Knife, Ax, and Spear Begins
            "Bardic Polish"  Bardic Class (Must have memorized piece ready to perform for the class)
             A&S Voting Ends
 5:00pm "Ask the Bards"  Bardic Class
             Pick up your A&S Entry
 6:30pm Titled Bard Competition Begins
 8:00pm Court
 Immediately following court we will finish up the Titled Bard Competition(If needed) and Begin an improvisational Bardic Competition.

WOW, isn't that a lot of things going on!  The only reason you will be just sitting around bored is if that is what you choose.  Where else are you going to get to learn from the best bards in the kingdom BEFORE you compete against them.

Once again, Sundered Shield VI will be held July 22nd-24th at Lake Sweetwater Park.  Hope to see you there!

In Service To The Dream,
Lady Elizabeth Blackthorne
Autocrat Sundered Shield VI

http://mail.yahoo.com