[Bards] Namron's Titled Bard at Beltane

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at cox.net
Tue Mar 22 23:29:25 PST 2005

I really am still on this list, though it doesn't seem like it...

Greetings, oh lovers of a good evening of bardic camaraderie.  On May
6-8th the Barony of Namron is having an event.  You should be there.  A
few hundred other people will.

Beltane is our spring event.  We choose our champions of archery, arts
and sciences, thrown weapons, brewing, and... ah... bardic.  No
fighting, just a day filled with wet frogs, games, and a maypole.  The
brewers bring out their best, and they usually have a little left over.

The evening is for the bardic.  Weather permitting, we'll set up outside
at a fire.  For the past several years, there is usually twenty five or
thirty competitors and about twice that in audience.  Sound good?

It's not really a competition; it's an audition.  Come with a good
piece, but have a second one (just in case).  Her Excellency and I are
the main judges, though we ask any of the previous Bards of Namron to
advise us if they are not competing.

There is no set format.  Show your ability as a bard by picking the
right pieces to perform.  You are auditioning for Bard of Namron, a
title that carries both history and privileges, as well as a standing in
our court.

You don't have to be a previous Kingdom Bard to enter. If you win,
though, you will have to sit at table with one or two during the year.
Look at it as an excuse to make new clothes...

Oh, and the event is at Lake Murray, just off I-35 about 80 miles south
of Namron and 25 miles north of the Texas border.  Even if you are not
interested in competing, we hope you come.  The event is always fun.

Ulf Gunnarsson
Baron of Namron