[Bards] LOTR Demo

Kathy Elliott bardkat at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 17 22:07:08 PDT 2005

I have been asked to coordinate some bardic performances at the Lord of the
Rings Demo at the Houston Museum of Natural Science.  We can have solo
performers or ensembles; musicians or a cappella.  The dates/times are
below.  Please let me know if you are interested in participating, and I'll
send you the details.  You MUST pre-register to participate in this demo.
When you respond, please let me know what day/time frame(s) you'd can come,
and how long you can stay.  If you can stay all day, that's wonderful, but
please reply even if you can only come for a few hours.  Of course, we won't
expect you to perform continuously the entire time you're there!  (We'll
give you a break when it looks like the chiurgeons are about to have to haul
you off!)

We will probably be able to arrange crash space, if anyone is interested in
coming from out of town.

Friday, June 3		10 pm - 6 am (Yes, you read that correctly - all
night long.  Hundreds of people have already purchased tickets!)
Saturday, June 4	9 am - 6 pm
Sunday, June 5		11 am - 5 pm

Saturday, June 11	9 am - 6 pm
Sunday, June 12	11 am - 5 pm

Saturday, August 27	9 am - 6 pm
Sunday, August 28	11 am - 5 pm

Participating in the demo does not include admission to the LOTR exhibit,
but there may be a group discount available.  Regular admission for this
exhibit is about $20.  For more details about the exhibit, please visit the
museum's web site at:
http://www.hmns.org/exhibits/special_exhibits/the_lord_of_the_rings.asp

In Service,
Katrina of Coventry