[Bards] Voices of the Star Volume II

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 31 09:01:00 PDT 2005

Greetings unto all bards, would-be-bards, and patrons of the bardic arts from Lord Alden Drake.

This is just a reminder that I am again working on the Ansteorran bard book, "Voices of the Star -
Volume II", and I am looking forward to receiving submissions.  A few submissions have found their
way to me, but there are still many pages left to fill.  There is no deadline yet for submissions,
but as soon as I confer with our Kingdom Bard (HL Kat of Coventry), I will advise you of the
submission deadline.  Until then, don't delay to send me your compositions.  Until the deadline,
you can always request any piece to be removed from the book to substitute another.

The outline for submissions to "Voices of the Star - Volume II" are as follows:
1. Submissions must be by/for/about Ansteorra(ns).  If you once lived in Ansteorra, but moved out
of kingdom, I will accept your material too.

2. Submitters are limited to three pieces to be entered into the book.  They can be stories,
poems, prose, or other bardic style that can be written.  The number of pieces that actually make
it into the book will depend on space available.  I will not omit a piece because of quality.  I
will leave it to the submitter to judge the quality of their own material.  I will make minor
corrections to spelling and formatting that I feel are necessary.

3. Submissions of music with written sheet music are preferred, though not required.  Last year, I
had assistance in transcribing recordings into sheet music.  This year, the submitter is asked to
get their own work transcribed before submitting it.

4. Each submission requires a letter of permission to publish, granting Paul Haines (known in the
SCA as Alden Drake) permission to publish the work in "Voices of the Star."  (as well as
re/printing in future volumes of this title).

You can begin submitting material today, by sending the submissions, and permissions to publish to
me at alden_drake at sbcglobal.net.  If you have any questions about the bard book, please feel
free
to contact me.  I will advise of the cut-off date for submissions at a later date.  So, I entreat
all those who would make the second volume of "Voices of the Star" as good (or better than) the
first to begin composing and send me your best efforts!

"Voices of the Star - Volume I" is available for download at http://bard.ansteorra.org/.  A
limited number of hard copies are also available.

In service,
Lord Alden Drake