[Bards] Kingdom Eisteddfod

Kathy bardkat at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 30 22:47:25 PST 2005

I apologize for the delay in responding; mundanity has reared it's ugly head
lately!

If the performance is not period or a period style, the documentation would
simply be the story behind the piece.  Who wrote it?  Why?  When?  Is it
about Ansteorra or Ansteorrans, or other SCAdians, or someone or something
from history?  If so, let us know.  If you wrote it, what inspired you?  I
imagine that most of the campfire or Ansteorra rounds will have
documentation of no more than a paragraph or two in length (if that), unless
it also happens to be period, but there is no minimum or maximum
documentation length requirement.  Use what you need to educate us about
your performance.

Of course, if the piece is period (or period style), let us also know that,
too.  Please let us know the period(s), how & where it would have been done
in period, and if you do it differently, why?  If it's in a foreign
language, where did you learn to pronounce it?  If possible, give another
example or two of the style.  Lastly, please include references - at least
three is a good rule of thumb.  (Books, manuscripts, reputable internet
sites, journals, CD's, etc.)  If any of your references are primary,
secondary or tertiary sources, let us know that, too.

Thanks!  See you in January!
Kat