[Bards] Fwd: Throwing down the Bardic Gauntlet

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 19:37:59 PDT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: chiara <chiara at pir.net>
Date: Apr 3, 2006 7:02 PM
Subject: Throwing down the Bardic Gauntlet
To: ans at aethelmearc.org

Greetings and Salutations from Lady Chiara da Montepulciano, Royal Bard to
King Brion of the East;

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to forward the following notice
to your Kingdom Bardic list, Your Kingdom Bard, or your Kingdom email list,
so it may be be forwarded to the appropriate person?

Could you also please tell who must I contact to have this announced in your
Kingdom Newsletter?

Thank you in advance,

Chiara da Montepulciano
East Kingdom Royal Bard

KNOWN WORLD ROYAL BARDIC CHALLENGE

Unto all the Royal Bards of the Known World,  does Chiara da Montepulciano,
Royal Bard to King Brion of the East, send greetings and salutations.

In honour of the Majesty of King Brion and for the love I bear my Kingdom,
do I exhort you forthwith, to wit, that you* shall challenge me to craft a
poem in whatsoever style as you desire, in whatsoever theme as you see fit,
and in return I defy you likewise, that you shall craft a poem in whatsoever
style and theme of my choosing, and in honour of your own Royalty and the
land you hold dear.

These challenges shall be issued as soon as possible in the months prior to
August, and shall be presented at Pennsic, by yourself or your proxy, in a
venue which may be attended by your Royalty, else presented in a private
manner before your Majesties and mine own.

If you should accept this challenge, much honour shall be yours, else you do
disservice to your kingdom.

Please send your challenge to me, postehaste, at chiara at pir.net.  Include
your name, your Kingdom, your position (King's Bard, Queen's Bard, Kingdom
Bard, etc) and your email address.

In service to the Dream,

Chiara da Montepulciano
Royal Bard to King Brion of the East

*In the case of a Kingdom with both a King's and a Queen's bard, only one
royal bard shall issue challenge, however both bards may work together to
complete the challenge issued by me.  In the case of a Kingdom that does not
have a Royal Bard, I will accept the first challenge from any bard of that
Kingdom.

*Aut insanit homo, aut versus facit - Horace

 www.sussen.com/chiara
 www.thehillfort.com/irontrillium