[Bards] Question on venues

jerryn@houston.rr.com jerryn at houston.rr.com
Thu Apr 27 14:28:17 PDT 2006

What categories and in what order would you deem materials in those
categories appropriate for each of the following venues:

1 4 2 5* 		Eisteddfod	*(if combined with some form
of story-telling)
1 2 4 5* 		Other competition for/selection of a royal bard
	 *(if combined with some form of story-telling)
1 4 2 6 5 7 3 		Title competitions
1 2 4 5 6 7 3 		Non-title competitions
1 4 5 2 6 7 		Interkingdom competitions
1 4 5 6 7 		Kingdom A&S
All* 			Circles	 	 * varies with time/crowd
5 2 4 1 3 6 7 		Taverns
See Circles 		Fire walking
5 4 1 2 6 7* 3 		Around the list field	 *(7 goes before 1 if
madrigal)
7 4 5 2 6 1 3		Feasts
7 1 6 4 5 2 3		Stand alone (e.g.specifically set apart as
part of an event)

Here's a question on venues.  Assume with me the following categories
of materials:
1. period (or "periodesque" -- composed in a period style) pieces
2. traditional (not able to be dated before ~1600) pieces
3. filk
4. SCA/Ansteorra subject matter
5. instrumental
6. other individual performance -- e.g. juggling, dance
7. ensemble performance -- e.g. plays, scenes, madrigal, dance

And this is a very "loose" setting.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate