[Bards] DASMoBA and Kingdom Bard

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 29 20:14:37 PDT 2006

Erm, I missed something.... What is a DASMoBA?

  I think the oBA means of Bardic Arts, but what's the other bit?

  Esther

Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
              I'm curious to know how the roles/duties/etc of the DASMoBA and the Kingdom Bard are going to be organized.  Dona Antonia and HL Kat went above and beyond as Kingdom Bards to be leaders of the bardic community, and in effect acted as both the Kingdom Bard *and* a DASMoBA, organizing things like the Ansteorran Bardic Collegium and publishing bardic articles and the like.    I think these two positions should work closely together for the betterment of bardic arts in our kingdom.  I'm just wondering if any thought had been given to how that should be done.

  I had sent a proposal for a DASMoBA to Mistress Jehanne (then Kingdom A&S Minister), but never got any feedback on it.  Now that there *is* such an office, I would like to know what the duties and responsibilities of that office are.  I would particularly like to include oversight of the Ansteorran bard book, "Voices of the Star", and the bardic website (bard.ansteorra.org) among the responsibilities of the DASMoBA.  I'm happy to continue working on them, but would really prefer them to have more validity as Ansteorran resources, and someone responsible to keep those two things going when I (and successive people doing those jobs) am (are) ready to step out.

  HL Alden