[Bards] Re:Bardic and Performing Arts

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 05:59:57 PDT 2006

On 4/11/06, Scott Barrett <barrett1 at cox.net> wrote:

> <snip>
> Let me make sure I understand the present situation concerning A&S at Gulf
> War.  There was no performance category for a war point this year, what may
> occur in the future won't allow our entertainers to strive for a war
> point, and the reasons given (?) don't strike you as completely
> satisfactory.

I have to admit, I sense no dismissal or malice in this.
> I rather suspect that, as has been the case for years, no one has any idea
> what to do with the performers of the SCA. Ansteorra is not alone in this
> struggle.

Thanks Finnican for your reply and I want to give it the time it deserves
with careful reading -- I don't have that time right now this morning.  But
I do want to address the possible misunderstanding.   I did not mean to
imply any malice in the absence of a performance competition.  The expressed
reason last year (GW XIV) was scheduling of the Tennis Court/Bede Hall.  It
is true that as Gulf Wars increases in popularity, more groups vie for
venues but it would have been nice to have the opportunity to find
someplace.  And please understand that the separate competition and war
point issues are separate issues.  We *can* participate in the war point --
along side our static and research competitors.  And there is much to
commend that!
~i~