[Bards] Bardic and Performing Arts

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Fri Apr 14 04:22:30 PDT 2006

I believe I wrote that note.

In it's context (background entertainment noise for list fields and such) it
still holds true.  If a storyteller tells a story, they're doing it
(theoretically) for an audience to listen to (unless it's practice, in which
case, we're not nutters yet).

If you're saying that storytellers can provide background entertainment for
people to talk over, I'd disagree (Okay, technically, the "audience" COULD
talk over the storyteller, but most probably wouldn't).

So.  Have you sat in a corner of a pavilion somewhere and told stories to
waft gently through the air and provide ambiance?  Having watched you
perform, your grace, I know that you CREATE an ambience, and your
storytelling is such that people are drawn into the story.  Fine things, but
not the same thing as I was alluding to.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate without a bowl.

  _____