[Bards] Question on venues

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 27 13:41:35 PDT 2006

My response is filled in below.  Just my 2 cents.  YMMV.

Alden

Here's a question on venues.  Assume with me the following categories of materials:
1. period (or "periodesque" -- composed in a period style) pieces
2. traditional (not able to be dated before ~1600) pieces
3. filk
4. SCA/Ansteorra subject matter
5. instrumental
6. other individual performance -- e.g. juggling, dance
7. ensemble performance -- e.g. plays, scenes, madrigal, dance

What categories and in what order would you deem materials in those categories appropriate for each of the following venues:

Eisteddfod - 1, 2, 4, 3, 5
Other competition for/selection of a royal bard - N/A (Ansteorra only has one "royal bard", and that person is chosen at Eisteddfod)
Title competitions - 1, 2, 4, 3, 5
Non-title competitions - 1, 2, 4, 3, 5
Interkingdom competitions - 1, 2, 4, 5
Kingdom A&S - 1, 5
Circles - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (no order)
Taverns - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (no order)
Fire walking - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (no order)
Around the list field - 5, 7, 1, 2, 4, 3, 6 (list field is the show, not the bard(s))
Feasts
Stand alone (e.g.specifically set apart as part of an event)