[Bards] Eisteddfod Time

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 21 05:19:00 PST 2006

On Dec 20, 2006, at 11:53 PM, Kathy Elliott wrote:

> I was just reading the Steppes Twelfth Night Event Announcement.
> Is the time listed for Eisteddfod correct - from Noon - 3:30 pm?
> (That seems short, but maybe it's just me?)
>
> What time is sign up?
>
> Thanks,
> Kat

That sounds about right, provided there are only 3 entrants to judge
and they only offer 2 performances each.[1] :-/

Michael

[1] I seem to recall Robin or someone doing the math previously on
this list, and concluding that it takes about 1/2 hour per
performance by the time you consider the introduction, the
performance itself and time for the judges to score that performance.
Then you need to add time at the end for the judges to compare
scores, and account for breaks between rounds (if any). But I haven't
run an Eisteddfod, so what do I know?