[Bards] some Notes!

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 5 17:16:26 PST 2006

Okay,

First: The "we are just talking" comment is a little late in coming, some of you guys have really laid down some specific "talking points" and for some of us, it looks like the decision have been made already.

Robin, Michael, Darius...You all need to remind yourselves that your statements are powerful, carry a lot of weight, and are phrased in rather factual terms. Im not saying these are bad, but some of us are probably feeling a little intimidated by the 'confidence' of your statements.

Two: I don't know if anyone has thought do this, but has there been any consideration of incorporating existing administrative structures into this college idea. I mean, for instance, Mooneschadowe has a existing bardic Guild, might we want to build a system that establishes contact with eh guild head. for information and feedback.

Three: I am becoming opposed to the college for two reasons. the first is that I am not thrilled about any kingdom level system that runs in parallel to existing kingdom officers but yet doesn't answer to them. And second, the more I hear about this, the more this whole thing sounds like it is being built with political motivations, either out of resentment of past experiences, or distrust of the current SCA officers cadre.

If this isn't the case, then some people might want to go back and look as their previous statements, and rethink how they are phrased.

and finally....

Look, people have already told me that the college will not affect me in my day in day out bardic. after the last few days of posting, I really would like to know why in the heck I would even want this college. (note: answers like "to promote bardic" don't fly well with me. I would really like some concrete "this is what the college will do that is not being done" statements)

Ivo