[Bards] What was the best bardic circle you ever attended and why?

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 8 05:49:35 PST 2006

Favorite bardic circle.....hmmm...that's tough.  They all kinda blend together in my head.

1.  The circle in the Ansteorran encapment at GW last year was definitely one to remember.  The audience was huge, the songs were generally lively, though some were rather...odd.

2.  The circle at Stargate Baronial last year, where Scarhart and I sang bawdy songs into the wee hours (we were the last two surviving bards in the circle).

3.  The circle Gerald and Eleanor hosted at Raven's Fort.  Eleanor's performances were magical.  She performed this one song (about an ice queen, or a maiden of ice, or somesuch), that she literally and figuratively let her hair down for.  The piece and her presentation of it left me speachless.

It's really hard to pick a favorite, but I can say that the time I spend at a circle is generally my favorite part of any event because I get to do something I love with people who enjoy it as much as I do.

Alden