[Bards] What happened to the College, and what it means to a new college

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 2 18:45:50 PST 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 6:37 PM, Jay Rudin wrote:

> I can't describe the level of depression that the last few days of
> discussion have brought me.

I'm truly, deeply sorry that the discussion has affected you that
way, Robin. :-(

Just as Sir William of Weir and Phillipa Rookhaven ("Pippa") will
always be my first Baron and Baroness, you will always be my first
Bard. Gerald inspired me to actually *learn* some music; Avatar
humiliat... er, inspired me to actually learn something *about*
period music; Kat inspired me to try to keep up (impossible though
that may be); Finnacan inspired me to be careful who I go into a
men's shower with (*grin*); but you are the one who inspired me to
take up bardic as a path, and you still inspire me. Seriously.

We've dredged up some ghosts of the past... but that had to happen, I
think, before we could go forward -- together -- with a clear mind
and an unburdened heart. And something else is happening, too. I
think it's fair to say that in the past few days we've changed from a
collection of individuals who happen to be subscribed to this e-list,
to a group with a common purpose.

I think we're still *very* early in the process... but a process has
clearly begun. I look forward with *great* anticipation to see how
the next chapter turns out. :-)

Michael
"Stand as one!" -- Maximus, _Gladiator_
"Don't you step on my blue suede shoes!" -- Elvis, _Blue Suede Shoes_