[Bards] What happened to the College, and what it means to a new college

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 07:50:12 PST 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Kathy Elliott wrote:

> Once we establish a college, it becomes our responsibility to try
> and promote a welcoming
> bardic community, and curb the negative criticism.  Will we catch
> everyone?  No, some will
> fall through the cracks.  But hopefully it will be fewer than if we
> do nothing.
>
> <snip>
>
> My concerns have been aired, and I am confident that we will at
> least try not to repeat mistakes
> of the past  - I'm ready to move forward!
>
> I'll be at Three Kings this weekend.  Who wants to do some
> firewalking?
>
> Kat

Thanks, Kat. I am minded of two wonderful quotes attributed to Gandhi:

  * * *
It's the action, not the fruit of the action that's important.  You
have to do the right thing...  You may never know what results come
from your action.  But if you do nothing, there will be no result.

- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

See you around the fires.

Michael