[Bards] bardic college

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 3 16:02:42 PST 2006

On Nov 3, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Michael Silverhands wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2006, at 5:23 PM, Darius wrote:
>
>>> ... I'm already picking up on the
>>> divisions between the different regions in the kingdom, some of
>>> them very ugly indeed.
>>>
>>> ~Svetlana Andreivna Volkova
>>
> <snip>
> p.s. as an aside, I don't understand the comment about "divisions
> between the different regions in the kingdom, some of them very ugly
> indeed". Seriously. I don't understand that.

By the way... I wasn't trying to minimize or dismiss your comment.
This is exactly the sort of FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) rumor
that certain people love to repeat, especially to people who are new
to the SCA (or Ansteorra) -- such as yourself -- who have no way of
knowing whether it's true.

Yes, I'm aware of certain in-duh-viduals who persist in whispering
into newcomer's ears things like "oh, don't play with *them*... they
don't like *us*...", etc., yada yada. These same people like to say
things like "all Laurels are jerks, they'll make you cry if you ask
for help", and "all Kings cheated to win Crown, but the Knights don't
do a thing about it", or some other outrageous and utterly baseless
lie. But just because someone keeps repeating the lie doesn't make it
true.

Sorry for "going off" on this topic.

Michael