[Bards] So let's.. College Statement

Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair donnchadh at cornelius.norman.ok.us
Mon Nov 6 09:45:06 PST 2006

Dan Corley wrote:

> I had written a special song for our new baron and never got to
> perform it because he was too busy congratulating the fighters. If we
> had a formal college, perhaps we might command a bit more respect.

Lord Cormac,

I'm not sure why you feel that there was not time to perform it.  For
much of the day I was just sitting under the baronial pavilion watching
the days events.  During that time, I had the honor to be entertained by
several excellent bards who had also taken the time to write original
pieces.  That would have been the perfect time for you to have performed
your piece.  During feast, there were also bardic performances.  I don't
recall you ever coming forward during the event saying that you would
like to perform, so can't see how you can say that I was too busy to
listen to you.  Those who know me know that I have a great love and
respect for the bardic arts, and I would not want others to have the
impression that it was otherwise.

Respectfully,
Donnchadh Beag mac Griogair
Baron of Namron