[Bards] First Principles.

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 7 04:15:49 PST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: "willowjonbardc at juno.com" <willowjonbardc at juno.com>
To: bards at lists.ansteorra.org
Sent: Monday, November 6, 2006 11:13:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Bards] First Principles.

I think I have made myself unclear.
I help run a Middle Eastern Dance guild in the Elfsea area. I really
should report to the A&S officers and now I plan to, but they haven't
made me. The A&S officers doesn't tell us when to meet or what to do.
Except when I was putting my dance nights on top of something and then
she stepped in and fixed it nicely before people got their feelings
hurt.
I see us (The College of Bards) getting together discussing our needs
and working on them. I see a Working Officer keeping tract of what we
are doing and reporting them to the MOAS. A single point where the
MOAS can politely tell us if we causing problems. I don't see the MOAS
making policy decisions or deciding how we are going to function. I
see the MOAS talking about the needs of the Kingdom and the needs of
area and asking us what we could do to help. Then I see our working
officers arranging forums and keeping tract of our decisions and
passing this on to the MOAS.

Exactly, Your Grace.  That matches how I envision the College being a Bardic College of Ansteora, tied to the kingdom via the KMOAS with a Charter signed by the Crown.

Alden