[Bards] college yea or nea?

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 7 20:56:46 PST 2006

On Nov 7, 2006, at 9:51 PM, Darius wrote:

> Alrighty folks, lets have an informal poll
>
> Emphasis on the _informal_  part.
>
> This does not make policy nor define or in any way hope to
> understand SCA rules and bylaws or the Las of the kingdom of
> ansteorra, nor does it define the actual poetic form of "ferret
> tossing" or its more melodic cousin the "ferret-song". Simply put,
> your on this list and listeing, are you for it yes or no? lets see
> where we actually stand with this thing.
>
> Me I say Nay
>
> don't think we actually need it
>
> In Faith
> Darius

I think a poll is premature, Darius. I don't think there's a well-
defined, generally-accepted idea of what a college is, or
specifically how we would be better off with one than we are now
without one. Until those ideas are at least *somewhat* clarified, I
can't answer that question.

(Apparently, given past history, folks are reluctant to quantify
anything at this stage of the game. That's very understandable, and I
hold nothing against folks for that. But it makes it hard to get any
traction with this discussion, let alone a poll.)

I'm curious about the "ferret tossing" poetic form, though. Could
that be done as a Norse edda? How about a sonnet?

Oh, who am I kidding. I'm a musician, not a poet. I should stick to
playing the slide ferret, and just be happy.

Michael