[Bards] The Right Questions

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 8 07:54:16 PST 2006

Mistress Gwyneth,

On Nov 8, 2006, at 6:51 AM, gail young wrote:

> ... MY first step, if I were a bard, would be to make my spotlight
> event ligitimate by bringing it into the A&S venues. ...
> gwyneth

I'm not sure I understand. By "spotlight event", I assume that you
mean Eisteddfod. Or maybe "spotlight events" could mean all of the
baronial bardic championships, or might even mean bardic circles
("fire walking"), since that's really where the spotlight is, I think
-- at least, as far as the bards are concerned. Which of those did
you mean?

And what do you mean by "bringing it into the A&S venues"? Do you
mean entering bardic pieces in A&S competitions? Hosting Eisteddfod
at a major A&S event (e.g. Kingdom A&S)? Something else?

And finally, what do you mean by "make... legitimate"? In what way
would the above "legitimize" bardcraft, in your opinion? In what way
is it currently less "legitimate" (either in fact, or in perception)?
(Not trying to set up an ambush, asking loaded questions... just
literal ones, seeking to understand your suggestion.)

I'm confused... :-P

Michael