[Bards] The Right Questions

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Wed Nov 8 11:55:45 PST 2006

> I agree that it would ideally be at a kingdom venue rather than
> Twelfth Night, but that venue should be a bardic one, not competing
> with other arts for the attention of the kingdom.  When it was its own
> event, it was a much bigger activity, and a much bigger part of the
> kingdom.
>
> Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

Really? I thought Eisteddfod had been joined to other events to
increase attendance. I'd be delighted if this thing could fly by
itself. I don't know if it would need to be a bid event like other
kingdom events or some other format.
  However, there is one group of artists that have been considering
their own event, an event that might dovetail into this nicely without
the need for drawn out table walks and display commentary, and their
chosen media compliment our own. The Kingdom brewers would make a nice
addition, but I may be letting my personal fantasies affect my judgment.

"Kingdom Bards and Beers"?

How do you NOT go to that?

~Finnacan