[Bards] The Right Questions

Martha Schreffler mot at swbell.net
Wed Nov 8 13:10:15 PST 2006

I don't see Kingdom Dance and Music on your list.  The last two years that I've gone I've attended music and singing classes and then the musicians played for the dancers at the ball.  I'm not sure about the Eisteddfod but I could definitely see more bardic classes throughout the day at this event. - Amata

Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:  Here are the recurring Kingdom events that are listed. (By the way:
would /somebody/, for heaven's sake, please edit the next edition of
Kingdom Law to remove that non-word "reoccuring"? Thanks. *twitch*)

1 Academy of the Bow
2 Academy of the Rapier
3 Academy of the Sword
4 Coronation
5 Crown
6 Kingdom Arts and Sciences
7 Kingdom Heraldic & Scribal Symposium
8 Kingdom Warlord
9 King¢s College
10 King's Champion
11 Kings Lancer
12 King¢s Round Table (formerly Red Tape)
13 Laurel's Prize
14 Royal Huntsman
15 Queen¢s Champion
16 Queens Children¢s College
17 Eisteddfod

Do any of those shout "Oooh! Me! Pick me to partner with Eisteddfod!"?

King's College comes to mind, but only if it had a uniquely (or
primarily) bardic theme to it. I could see doing that once -- King's
College often has a theme of some sort -- but not every time; we'd
lock out all of the other material suitable for King's College.

Hmmm...

Do we need another Kingdom event? Or else an extension to Eisteddfod?
Maybe something like "Kingdom Bardic Workshop and Eisteddfod"? Would
that be enough of a "draw", do you think? (Anyone? But especially
Robin, Ihon and Gwyneth?)

Michael