[Bards] The Right Questions

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 9 08:01:49 PST 2006

Just some ideas:
  When we do KC I ask that a few artisans that I can count on to be flexible know ahead of time that I might call on them for a "class in a bag" so to speak...something they are comfortable leading that people in the past have enjoyed that we can pull out if someone's car didn't start that morning and we had to cancel a class.
  You could also ask people to send in a letter of intent (not REQUIRE but ASK) so that you got an idea of how many performers you would have and better estimate time.  My experience with LPT is that when asked, most artisans will do this.
  You might also network with the bardic community so that some people bring things other than thier competition piece to perform during "down" times or give people who might not feel comfortable enough entering a chance to "practice".

Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Combining the Ansteorran Bardic Collegium and Eisteddfod would be great, provided the schedule for classes and the competition can be isolated - something like classes from 10 to 3, competition from 3 to 7, feast and court from 7 to 9, bardic circle from 9 to whenever. But it's difficult to predict how much time the competition will need, and I'd hate for people to chose between taking/teaching classes and performing in/watching/judging Eisteddfod.