[Bards] Bard and beers-an event

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 18:29:25 PST 2006

I mentioned this idea to the heavy fighters I live with and they said "Will there be heavy?  I'd go anywhere and fight if a bard was going to write a song about me if I won"...just a thought...
  gwyneth

Scott Barrett <barrett1 at cox.net> wrote:

A.) the new group hosting Eisteddfod is welcoming to their
contributions (which I'm working on... My theory is, invite the
brewers, they will come).

B.) (My favorite) The brewers can join us not for Eisteddfod, but a
bardic/brewing collegium, which naturally would end with one heck of a
revel.
The only problem with "B" is that neither of these events would be
Kingdom Level, and so would either have to be held at an existing event
or a group or pair of groups would need to volunteer to host.
If anyone is interested (Ivo, you keep talking about this, I'm looking
at you, and the north could support that all on it's own) than you may
find this is easier than trying to finagle around with a Kingdom event
AND a new event for brewing.

At this time I'm testing the water with a number of folks and I hope
the brewers can be a part of whatever comes along. If so, they may find
that they want to stay with Eisteddfod or would like to share a
collegium with us.
My overall goal is...
A new home for Eisteddfod with better support and a more relaxed
atmosphere.
An Eisteddfod in winter within ease of reach.
An Eisteddfod wherein the brewers can set up shop, teach and taste.
Bardcraft and Beverage arts supporting a group that has enthusiasm and
the ability to host us.

Plans are afoot, but you don't speak for others, so I can't say much.
Suffice to say, I'm working on it.

~Finnacan