[Bards] badge discussion

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 14 06:00:45 PST 2006

Robin wrote:
That badge remains registered to the Queen's College of Bards.

Robin later wrote:
Who is "we"?  The badge belongs to the Queen's College of Bards.  It is no
more appropriate for people who are not members of that body to discuss what
"we" should do with that badge than for me to discuss what "we" should do
with "Per pale sable and argent, a dragon counterchanged" (Alden Drake) or
"Quarterly ermine and azure, in bend two crosses formy gules" (Michael
Silverhand).

Alden replies:
The badge is registered to the Kingdom of Ansteorra, not the Queen's College of Bards.  The Queen's College of Bards may have initiated it, designed it, and established a particular use for it, but it belongs to the Kingdom of Ansteorra, and thereby the Crown.  Since the purpose for which the badge was registered is no longer being met, the Crown can conceivably do with it what they will - with or without a recommendation/petition from anyone.