[Bards] An Apology

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 14 06:30:25 PST 2006

By the way...

I'd like to borrow a page from Finnacan, who wrote:

> To all on this list, I offer the following.
> I was trying to show support for the performers by lending a hand
>   and in doing so I helped to flood the list.
>
> Shame on me. You have my apologies.

Having come thus far in these dialogs, I find myself back at this
point where Finnacan stood in ages past (one week ago).

I had set out to contribute to our hobby and to help my friends from
within the confines of my current real life. But in doing so what I
mostly accomplished, it seems, was just to flood this list. Shame on
me. You have my sincere apologies.

You who are reading this stand among the bards of Ansteorra. No, I
don't think that we, the bards of Ansteorra, need a guild to define
who we are. I do think that we need to do a better job of getting out
there and doing (or hosting) bardic, and standing together when it
matters, and communicating to each other, and being recognizable to
non-bards. Any other debate -- about semantics, or history, or
whether we can be a functional community of bards without filing
papers with the College of Heralds -- is just a distraction from
working towards those goals.

Michael