[Bards] Adding on

Irena Picard-Fridenberg rubberduckiemom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 05:46:47 PST 2006

Okay, just a thought, but....

If this type of event happens, you need to be very specific about what
and who you intend to have at this type of event.  So, more
classes/projects equal more people; more people equal more money.
That seems to be part of a bottom line.

This type of event should be one that is not a static art or a
fighting event.  It should be an event that teaches things like:

COOKING: mideival cook, open fire cooking, feastacrate issues, ect....
BARDIC:  critic classes, making performaces better, filking,
                mideival poetry....
BREWING:  how to's, whatever it is you blessed brewers do!

These things are what we are wanting to focus on. We invite anyone who
is interested in these, but make sure the two fighting communities
know that it is not a fighting event but they are still more than
welcome to attend and learn something new or polish up what they
already have.  The key to that is not making anyone feel unwanted, but
to make then know they are needed and their abilities are very
appreciated.

This type of event should be just that, an event.  Allow the classes
and labs to happen and what are you going to do with the brew, food
and talent.... show it all off.  This should be one of those events
that give everyone a prize...  Those who cooked give food to the bards
and brewers, those who brewed give drink to the cooks and the bards,
and those who bardededed give entertainment to the brewers and the
cooks....
I interepret this to be a feast and bardic circle through out the
night.  This to me equals a full weekend event.

If I were interested in this type of event, I would not drive a long
way for just a one day event.  However, given this type of event being
a "don't worry about your food or drink event" just bring yourself and
your stories and you curiosity... I would go.

Which brings me back to the beginning of my words....  money.

Ldy Katrine la Escloperia
The Baron's Wife