[Bards] IDEA

Cisco Cividanes engtrktwo at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 28 20:03:59 PST 2006

Okay guys, I had a brainstorm the other day, and some friends (and
family) helped me flesh this out.
This is just an idea, I don't even have a place or time for this, just
this thought....
What do you think to a 'roundtable feast-bardic circle revil"?

the idea is that people start gathering around noon or one pm, the cooks
start working on food, the brewers start prepping their drinks and maybe
talking shop, and the Bards start polishing up their performances and
setting up for the afternoon and evening.

Then, when its time for the feast, everyone sits at tables set up in an
open ended circle around a fire pit (if it is outside)  A few people act
as servers and cooks, and the rest will sit around the table and enjoy
themselves while the bards take turns performing  from inside the
circle. The servers will serve from inside the circle, so everyone can
see each other and the servers have room to serve and get out of the way
quickly.
You could also think of it as  fully catered bardic circle.

Anyway, my idea was that the format could work for as many as thirty
people, kind of a halfway thing between a general bardic practice or
revel and a full blown event.

well, any thoughts?