[Bards] So let's.. College Statement

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Sat Nov 4 10:55:03 PST 2006

On Saturday, November 4, 2006, at 12:33 PM, Michael Silverhands wrote:

>> "Membership in the Ansteorran College of Bards grants neither
>> expertise
>> nor authority.
>>   No member of the College, to include officers, shall have the
>> right to
>> A.) Determine membership in the College
>> B.) impose standards of performance on any participant in the SCA
>> outside the particular format chosen for an individual competition or
>> bardic venue, in which participation remains the choice of the
>> performer.
>> The opinions and views of the bardic arts offered by a member or an
>> officer will be those of the individual member or officer only and
>> will
>> not necessarily represent the views of the Ansteorran College of
>> Bards.
>> The only exception to this will be when the Premier Bard speaks about
>> matters pertaining to the College as a whole. "

Better?
We may need to clarify who the Premier Bard and DMoAS for Performance
is, as well as how they attain their positions. The Kingdom A&S
minister will likely want input on this as she helped form the deputies
office with Ihon.
We can clarify the responsibilities of the Premier bard this way.

~Finnacan