[Bards] College Hash

Darius masterdarius at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 5 05:11:33 PST 2006

Alrighty folks. I am with Finnacan on the whole sash, favor thingy. Even
though I can document belt favors to 16th century Italy (check out the
period illustrations in DiGrassi's "True arte of Defense") I am not a 16th
century itallian. Further, I am just not fond of sashes, they bind and get
snaged on things and if you are a clutz like me you may just find your self
being told, "pardon me m'lord your sash is on fire"

If folks wan to wear them ...cool go for it, just understand that some of us
won't be wearing them, although we will still be supporting the college.
Myself I plan to make a banner to hang at my camp whenever I have it open
for a circle. Kind of an open invitation to any who wants to come and join.

next :

Don't like the specialty insigia.
No sir, don't like it at all.

this concept is most troublesome not just because some one who is unfamiliar
with us might precieve it as rank but also since our specialties are either
so broad and sweeping as to be an invitation to disaster, or so focused we
would have a million little dodads running around.

Example. Poetry

Do you mean Sonnets, Golliard, Troubadoric Quatrians, Norse Edda's, just
sticking lines together that rhyme, research, ferret tossing, Blank verse,
etcetera, ad infinitum.

Personally I can write a decent Sonnet, I can research some pretty good
peices, and I like Quatrains. Don't have a clue about Norse peices or Irish
poetry other than they are alot harder than they look.

Any way thats my two cent's for now,
don't spend it all in one place.

Darius