[Bards] So let's.. College Statement

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Sun Nov 5 19:36:15 PST 2006

Just a point, but one often missed; one never commands respect, one earns
it.

I sing a fair song and can play a tune passably, I encourage others to do
the same with joy in their hearts.  Some people respect me for my use of my
talents and others just wish I'd take a bath ;-).

Opportunities will pass you by from time to time;  it's not a slight, but
there are only so many hours in a day, and many performers in the kingdom
have taken a passive role in performing for the Kingdom.  Kat and I, Alden,
a few others, try to insure that there is some type of bardic activity at
events we attend.  I play at list fields during the day and wander about to
spread the music.  While it's not EASY to find a place to introduce a song
during an event now, we can work at finding ways of working with stewards
and offering our services to our landed nobles so that they will feel more
at ease at calling upon performers.

The trick is to not take a passed opportunity personally.

 Cormac wrote:
  If we had a formal college, perhaps we might command a bit more respect.

Just my thoughts and they are to be taken lighly for i admit to being a much
better swordsman than i am a bard
Ld. Cormac Starwalker

Okiewiter

  _____