[Bards] The Right Questions

T'Star bedlamandmayhem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 07:41:11 PST 2006

However, depending on the country and the age of the piece in
question, what documentation actually survived or is readily available
in this country varries wildly.  Brittish styles in late period have
more documentation available in this country than Russian pieces from
the time of Saint Vladimir.  The point being the A&S side of things
doesn't take performance into consideration.  So the more we move to
that venue and away from things like circles and bardic specific
competitions, the more we loose from the thing that most defines
Bardic: the audience.  If we can do both, that would be ideal, but
swinging from one extreme all the way to the other isn't going to aid
the situation.

~Svetlana