[Bards] The Right Questions

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 08:49:22 PST 2006

The participants in Gulf War are also chosen at Kingdom A&S so that may be a good reason to enter there.  We have sent performers to compete at war the last 2 years (I'm sure they were there before but I wasn't involved with the KMoAS job then so I don't remember).  I'm not sure if there was a bardic track at this KC but I can make sure there is next time.  I know we advertised for bards to come to LPT this year and I helped Master Ion give feedback on the ONE performer who came.

Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

With regard to what Master Ihon was saying about Kingdom A&S ("I'd like to see more performace at Kingdom A&S. For my part, I vow to do whatever I can to see that our art receives the same treatment and consideration as any other genre. May even enter!"), I don't know that I would enter a performance piece in the Kingdom A&S Championship, because there is a comparable championship for performers - Eisteddfod. However, I would participate in adding bardic to kingdom A&S events because bardic *is* part of the A&S community too. There should be bardic classes at King's College, bardic feedback provided at Laurel's Prize Tourney, Bardic and performers representing out kingdom for the A&S point at Gulf Wars. Bards should also sit in on A&S discussions, round tables, and similar venues.

Alden