[Bards] Relaying a question...

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 08:13:31 PST 2006

Hmmm . . . I think I've been hint(ed) hint(ed -- nudge(d) nudge(d) -- say no
more

I do not recall any bardic classes at any of the KD&M Symposia I've
attended.  One could always request a track at *any* event but, personally,
I'm not sure KD&MS would be a particularly good venue -- certainly not as
good as King's College, a Bardic Collegium, a stand alone event, or an event
with brewers and/or cooks.  KD&MS has occasionally had performance classes
(we had an excellent one on madrigal singing at the last symposium) but the
centerpiece of the evening is the Ball (dancers and musicians -- get it? :)
) and it seems to me that the centerpiece of a bardic event should be
performance art ( after a good feast by the cooks -- libation provided by
the brewers).

~ihon
her deputy

On 11/16/06, gail young <gwynethb63 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was at Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium.  Can't remember if there were
> any bardic classes  but I'm sure my bardic deputy will know<G>...I remember
> lots of dance classs and instrument classes.
> gwyneth
>
> *Michael Silverhands <silverhands at sbcglobal.net>* wrote:
>

> On Nov 15, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Cisco Cividanes wrote:
>
> > I sent and e-mail to the Mooneschdowe Scenichal the other day, one of
> > her replies was the following:
> >

> > -----------------------------------
> > Ivo,
> > A question that has occurred to me is "Why isn't a bardic classes
> > track part of the Kingdom Dance and Music Symposium?"
> >
> > Mylisant
> >
> > -----------------------------------
> >

> > Do we have an answer guys, because I have never been to the event
> > myself?
> > Note: this was not offered as alternative to our own event, just a
> > related question to me and I pass on to you.
> >

> > Ivo
>
> Probably because Kingdom Dance and Music is about dance (especially
> European dance) and music (primarily *instrumental* music, primarily
> *for dance*).
>
> That has precious little to do with bardic.
>
> Just saying. :-)
>
> Michael

Rev. John F. Hirling
Interim Pastor