[Bards] Bad Girls Bardic!

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Sun Oct 8 20:12:01 PDT 2006

My lords and ladies, Good gentles all.

Some of you may have heard tell that dragons have become a problem to the
North of Stargate, in the Canton of Gate's Edge.  The canton, in good order,
has called upon many to help rid them of this infestation, and bring the
harvest to a successful close.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that a bard would be a fool to miss
the chance to be inspired by such feats of daring.  At this time, with these
deeds as inspiration, the canton will also choose their titled bard.  Here
are the rules.

This competition will be held on October 14, at the Gate's Edge event
Drachenstich Festspiele

Each competitor will be requested to perform two pieces.

The First piece will be of the bards own choosing and should be a period
piece or in period style. Documentation is required.

For the Second performance piece the bard will be requsted to compose an
original piece on site. When registering for the competition the competitor
will be provided with three words that they must incorporate into a poem,
story, or song to be performed later in the competition.

All this is well and good, and I hope that many will join in the
competition, for the hospitality and honor of the canton are great indeed.

Finally, I have been asked to host a bardic circle on the Saturday evening
after feast.  A fire will be lit, and the good brewers of Loch Soillier will
bring potables for consumption (oh yeah, and beer).  We'll pass the hat,
pass the candle, or just pass the word, and share in good times with good
company.

So please join me on October 14th (or come on the 13th and stay a spell, the
site is a wonderful place for camping!) as we revel in song and story and
poem, tunes to dance a jig to, and the company of friends.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
HL Gerald of Leesville
A bard of Stargate