[Bards] Queen's College of Bards -- who's up for it?

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 09:38:04 PDT 2006

> The compaints about the College are long gone.  A few of us
> miss the old College.  I for one remember it as one of the
> things that made Ansteorra important to me.
>
> Is it time to ask Queen Britta and Princess Deanna if they
> would support a rebirth of the Queen's College of Bards?
>
> I'm in if enough others are.
>
> I will offer my home Sunday of Twelfth Night (the weekend of Kingdom
> Eisteddfod) for us to write a new Charter if enough people
> want to start it up.
>
> Any takers?
>
> Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin
> Bard of the Steppes
> Queen's College of Bards.

Robin, I won't be able to be there in person -- but if spirit counts for
anything, you know where I'll be.

I will offer this observation:  the College never completely expired, in
that there were still always those who continued to wear the sash /
favor.

Also:  I have in my possession several yards of gold fringe for sashes
that came to me from the effects of the departed & oft-missed Vashti of
the Flaming Tresses.  Want enough to make your own sash?  Impress me at
an event with your performance, esp. one that reminds me of Vashti or
her interests.  (If I've seen your performance in the past, just come
ask the next time you see me...)  Now, I realize that current physical
circumstances may make this a bit difficult -- but I expect to be back
in Ansteorra come springtime, mundane circumstances being what they are
at present.

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen