[Bards] Bardic college Events

Melody Soice melodysoice at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 07:28:10 PDT 2006

To pick Gwyneth's thread back up...

I see a lot of good in having Steppes Twelth Night and Eistedfedd combined
(central location, good time of year) BUT think some things could be tweaked
to greatly increase the bardic community's participation and enjoyment of
the event.

First.  There simply wasen't enough room for much bardic participation.
Eistedfedd gets crammed into a little room out of the way.  That may be fine
for the competition proper but doesn't much encourage further participation
or even much of an audience.  Not to mention that the clostrophobic among us
are just plain uncomfortable even being there.  What about adding a circle
of very well staked, nicely decorated (garage?) pavilions outside with some
nice walls and a couple of heaters as needed.  That should make room for the
competition, a class track or two, and an area for jamming?  It would take
some work but it might make this event a great bardic focus.

Second.  Bardic Collegium THE EVENT, is a great event for small groups to
host during the bad weather (mid-winter, mid-summer).  The biggest problem
now is the two-event limit.  If we somehow managed to make this a regional
or kingdom event I think it would be both a great opportunity for small
groups and a boon to the bardic, music, and dance communities.  I know the
bardic themed Westgate Winter Collegiums that we've held have been very
successful.

Ok, there's my brilliant (?) suggestions.  <g>

Melody