[Bards] Queen's College of Bards

Darius masterdarius at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 26 18:56:04 PDT 2006

ehm... tap tap tap.... <sound of papers rustling>

Howdy folks.

I am firmly in support of any thing that promotes and encourages performers
and performance  in Ansteorra.

When I Joined the SCA years ago the College of Bards was on one of it's
upward swings. I began singing songs and reciting poetry because.. well it's
just one of the things I do. One stary night I was ask "good bard, where is
your sash?"   Staring blankly at my kind inquisitor, I replied in all
honesty "huh?"

The point of this ancedote is that the College did exist and a new comer who
was interested had not heard of it till he was playing six or eight months.
I then began to hear of bars that could be placed upon the sash that I was
_supposed_ to wear.  all in all the whole thing turned me right off of even
bothering to seek the college out.

To this day I am always a bit leary when I hear the Rally call "lets restart
the Queens college of Bards!  So and So is re-writing the charter and we are
gonna have meetings an' everything!"

In Short I am an Ansteorran Bard. Always have been, always will be. If
flying the standard of the college of bards at my camp will encourage others
to stop by and share a song or verse and perhaps a dram or two in passing..
Wonderfull! If doing so means I am told I have to follow certain rules of
how a circle will be run or protocol among the bards before my tent... then
I simply won't fly the standard and you will all be welcome any way.

In Faith
Darius