[Bards] Queen's College of Bards

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 26 20:43:28 PDT 2006

On Oct 26, 2006, at 10:24 PM, Gerald Norris wrote:
> My original post that started all of this asked if we in the
> performance/bardic community felt themselves well used...
> ...  Do I see enough useage?  At the end of the day, have I had
> a chance to get the performance bug out of my system for a bit?
> The usual
> answer is "yes".  I wanted to find out if everyone else gets to "play"
> enough or not.
>
> There are venues at events, if we just take the effort to create
> them ...
> ... we can have
> performance in the many venues an event provides; music at the
> lists, either
> played or sung.  Stories between rounds in a tourney, music during
> feast,
> singing afterwards, circles and fire-walkers and music that spins
> through
> the air as the skald weaves her words in the glowing embers of
> torchlight or
> campfire.

Very, very well said, Gerald; and the parts I snipped about not
letting any focus on a college (or whatever) distract us from a focus
on performing, and on encouraging others to perform.[1]

> That was a rather longish paragraph.  Must be time to stop.
>
> In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am,
> HL Gerald of Leesville
> A bard of Stargate

I read recently that Ernest Hemingway once wrote a story in just six
words ("For sale: baby shoes, never worn.") and is said to have
called it his best work. :-)

Michael Silverhands
pot

[1] Yes, Robin. I know. I heard your argument that a college will
achieve that. You're very convincing, and I have nothing against
that. I just want to sew caution that the means doesn't become the
end. I also would prefer that we don't repeat the mistakes of
history. Let's make all new ones, if we must make any. :-)