[Bards] How to improve Kingdom Eisteddfod

Kathy Elliott bardkat at verizon.net
Fri Oct 27 23:58:11 PDT 2006

The gauntlet now is thrown
Darius

----------------------------

And the gauntlet is retrieved.  I sent this today.  Who else will join us?

Unto Their Most Stellar Royal Majesties, King Aaron McGregor and Queen
Britta McGregor,
Unto Their Royal Highnesses, Prince Romanius Scipio Vesperanius and Princess
Deanna della Penna,
Unto Their Sable Winged Excellencies, Baron Brian du Val and Baroness Fionna
ni Cheallaigh, to whom I am in current service,
Unto my past patrons and long-time inspirations Mushir 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal
ibn Hakim and Sir Arenvald Kief av Kiersted,
Unto the Honorable Lady Eleanor O'Rourke, Premier Bard of Ansteorra,
And unto all the populous of our fair kingdom that may read the words
herein,

Do I, Honorable Lady Katrina of Coventry, Member of the Order of the
Ravensheart, Holder of the Sable Thistle, Holder of the Sable Crane,
Companion to the Order of the Star of Merit, Companion to the Order of the
Iris of Merit, past Premier Bard of Ansteorra, past Bard of the Stargate,
past Bard of Loch Soilleir, past Bard of Middleford, past Bard of Graywood,
past Bard of Torre de los Brazos, past Bard of Stonebridge Keep, Member of
the Company of Defenders of the Rose, and current Ravenskald,

Offer greetings to these noble patrons of the performing arts:

I do with this missive announce my intention of competing and vying for
esteem in the Ansteorran Kingdom Eisteddfod, to be held within the Barony of
the Steppes on the sixth day of January, A.S. XLI.  I will compete bearing
the token of my dearest lord husband, Michael of Redheugh.  Know me by my
pending arms, azure a pall inverted argent ermined azure between three
Catherine's wheels argent.

By your most gracious leave, I will raise my voice in song to tell the
history of our illustrious kingdom, to inspire your populace with stories of
chivalry and love, and to share the joy that it is to be an Ansteorran with
all who would listen.

I pray you know that should I achieve my lofty goal and end the day
victorious, or should that honor be bestowed upon another worthy competitor,
I will continue to perform and promote the bardic arts throughout this, your
mighty kingdom, as long as my breath and your blessing allow.

Written by my hand in service to Crown and Kingdom on this 28th day of
October, A.S. XLI, being 2006 by the Common Reckoning.

Katrina of Coventry,
known to many at Kat