[Bards] in response to Esther

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 31 04:45:15 PST 2006

> > Esther <reese_esther at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > A thought -- just a thought....
> >
> > What if the Eisteffod was a bard off of the branch
> champions? It would
> > both strengthen the competition for local titled bards, and in turn
> > strengthen the Kingdom competition.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Esther> On 10/31/06, gail young <gwynethb63 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I don't understand what you mean by "the branch champions".
> > gwyneth
> I think she means something along the lines of: Each group
> holds a local competition and sends the winner to either
> regional (if we think we need it) or straight to Eisteadfod.
> Either that or it's have the Champion of Wiesenfeuer square
> off against the Champion of North Keep... Which just might be
> darn Amusing! (Though both will probalby have my hide for
> suggesting it...)
>
> ~Svetlana Andreivna Volkova

I would offer the "refinement" / extension that former Premier / Kingdom
Bards would also be eligible (after a "one-year" / one term delay).

An intriguing proposal -- although unless and until reasonably uniform
selection criteria are in place, could ultimately leave matters in
similar conditions to current as far as skill levels represented are
concerned.  Consider for example the newest incipient group with three
contenders drawn from their own local ranks versus the oldest /
most-active baronies with fields of contenders numbering thirty or more
of the most experienced, well-qualified entertainers...

But I still like the basic idea of preliminaries at other events.

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen