[Bards] in response to Esther

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 13:21:33 PST 2006

Well, it seems to me, that the paralell is apt -- the MoAS becomes the person responsible for drumming up the bids, and working with the Kingdom Bard to make the event happen. They might also be responsible for advertising the event.

  Remember, I may be expecting more structure than Ansteorra prefers. I are a ferner, after all -- and what I am used to, such as a Kingdom Ceremonial for the use of heralds, is often not what is done in the Stellar Kingdom.

Esther

Michael Silverhands <silverhands at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On Oct 31, 2006, at 2:30 PM, Esther wrote:

> Okay. My turn to be blunt.
>
> I think the Eistefodd needs to be somebody's Baby. On a regular,
> regulated basis -- more than just the Kingdom Bard. I would suggest
> the MoAS Deputy for Bardic be responsbile for the nuts and bolts of
> the even that is Eistefodd, working with the current champion for
> that years format.
>
> The Event needs to be the responsibility of an office. The FORMAT
> of the COMPETITION would be the responsibilty of the Kingdom Bard,
> as it is now.
>
> What say y'all?

Today, whose "baby" is Crown? Queen's? Kingdom A&S? Royal Huntsman?

The first two events *will* occur. The Kingdom Seneschal beats the
bushes for bids for these events. Either they or the Crown chooses
from among the bids to decide the hosting group. The Crown decides
the format of the lists. Clearly, those events are the Crown's
"baby", with logistical help from the Kingdom Seneschal.

Maybe there are useful parallels that could be drawn with Kingdom
Bard, but I don't see any. So...

What about Kingdom A&S? Royal Huntsman? Whose "baby" are they? (I
bring them up because I hope there will be aspects of them that will
inform our discussion regarding Kingdom Bard.)

Michael