[Bards] Topic: Is the usage of performers in your area, and events in general, sufficient?

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 24 14:00:00 PDT 2006

On Oct 24, 2006, at 8:43 PM, willowjonbardc at juno.com wrote:

> Dear Michael
> It wasn't the choice of the Bards to kill the College. The Queen Bards
> was destroyed by the Crown. <snip>
> We did not fail. We succeeded and had too strong an effect on the
> kingdom.
> We had flourish with standards.
> Ansteorra had flourished with the bards as an active part of the
> community.
> We would have been able to work our problems out if we could had told
> everyone else to get out of our business.
>
> Now we have problems because we have to overcome this weird cloud of
> doubt that hangs over our heads. A cloud that was put on us by nobles
> and peers.
> Willow de Wisp a bard of Ansteorra

Thank you for that history, Your Grace! I apologize for not knowing
it. In light of this, I concede that most of my points were wrong,
except one: it *was* politics that killed the College. :-(

However, I stand by my opinion that the bards don't need a college,
household, or whatever in order to flourish. They just need a venue
in which to perform, the desire to perform in it, and the heart to
illuminate us with their craft (even when some would prefer not to be
illuminated).

Kind regards,
Michael Silverhands
once upon a time long, long ago Titled Bard of Loch Soilleir