[Bards] Sources to help learn new material (was "Bardic college and direction")

Kathy Elliott bardkat at verizon.net
Wed Oct 25 20:06:09 PDT 2006

Charles,

This is not quite as good as learning a new piece face-to-face, but try the
following websites for some new material.

Ansteorran Bardic Website - check the "Files" section for "Voices of the
Star" and the Bjornsborg Songbook, and the "Bards" section for original
material.  Alden is doing a great job with this site.
http://bard.ansteorra.org/index.html

SCA Minstrel Homepage:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/minstrel.html

Digital Tradition:
http://sniff.numachi.com/~rickheit/dtrad/

http://www.chivalry.com/cantaria/ (In the interest of full disclosure, I
should tell you that I'm a bit biased - some of our new "Bards in a Box"
songs are posted here)

Bardic College of Ealdormere:
http://www.bards.ca/links.htm

Lochac Virtual Songbook:
http://www.goldgryph.com/songbook/

The information on these websites can get you off to a great start, and
you're welcome to look through my bard book at any event.  For that matter,
that offer is extended to anyone ... As long as I'm not using it at the time
:-)  Or, I'd be happy to e-mail lyrics or notepad/midi files.

Kat