[Bards] Bardic college Events

T'Star bedlamandmayhem at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 05:12:51 PST 2006

Court Bards had rank to get listened to... Minstrels typically did
not, they had to rely on lung capacity, training, and and raw skill to
earn their bread and butter.  Please reference "The Mediaeval Stage"
by E.K. Chambers.  It covers the difference between Bards and
Mistrels.  I haven't had a chance yet to follow up on some of his
references, though when I do, I intend to write a piece that clearly
enumerates the difference between a Bard and a Minstrel.  (At the risk
of getting things thrown at me in ire like any good Minstrel.)

~Cvetlana Andreivna Volkova, new bard, not new to music, tales, or minstrelsy.