[Bards] in response to Esther

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 13:58:37 PST 2006

I am an Ugly An Tirian by way of ten years of ambassadorial exile in Caid.

  So yeah, I ain't from around here. Take what I say with a large Siberian Salt Mine attached.

  You're dead on about promoting rather than advertising, too.

  So, what DOES the deputy MoAs do bardic DO?

Esther

Michael Silverhands <silverhands at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

On Oct 31, 2006, at 3:21 PM, Esther wrote:

> Well, it seems to me, that the paralell is apt...

With a hugely important difference: Crown and Queen's always occur,
every reign, per Kingdom Law.[1] And there's no question whether the
Crown "buys into" those events.

In the past 15 years, how often have we had an Eisteddfod? Have we
had "skip a year"s? What about in the previous 10 years (the "golden
age" described by Robin)?

What about Kingdom A&S, King's Lancer, Royal Huntsman, or any of the
other recurring[2] Kingdom championship tournaments? In each case,
who is the driving force that "makes" those events happen?

> ... the MoAS becomes the person responsible for drumming up the
> bids, and working with the Kingdom Bard to make the event happen.
> They might also be responsible for advertising the event.

I believe that the hosting group would be responsible for advertising
the event -- just as the hosting group currently advertises Crown,
for example. *Promoting*, on the other hand...

> Remember, I may be expecting more structure than Ansteorra prefers.
> I are a ferner, after all -- and what I am used to, such as a
> Kingdom Ceremonial for the use of heralds, is often not what is
> done in the Stellar Kingdom.
>
> Esther

Y'all ain't from aroun' here, are ya?

;-)

Michael

[1] Jan2006_Ansteorra_Law2.pdf>, pages 23-24
[2] what's with "reocurring" in Kingdom Law? That's not even a word!
*harumph!*