[Bards] Welsh Bardic

shark shark75080 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 18 16:06:35 PDT 2007

I posted this to the Steppes list but it really belonged here, now that I've found you all, of course ;-)

I found this clip on YouTube. Even though it's a modern setting, the sound of the poetry is beautiful. It's from a documentary on the Welsh bardic tradition. I think the poem is from the 14th century. I'm looking for a DVD of the documentary. When I find a source, I'll post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMCLu_GsUA

And Ioan is easy on the eyes as well. I saw the film Amazing Grace (about the abolition of the slave trade in England) and he sings in the film. The Welsh do have lovely voices!

Susanne of Steppes